Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Believe No Pain NO Game!

Over the past 2 years at high school I come to a conclusion! You cant get any where in life with out having some type of pain involved, not physical pain necessarily, but more mental pain. At the beginning of my Sophomore year I met my World History teacher. Mr.Bradley from the moment I met him I knew i was in for a tough year, his entire class room is decorated with large pieces of paper that depict life is not all easy. From their on, that individual pushed me more than any other teach has ever before. For that i thank him, I say this because it is also true for my brother who is going to attend Marquette dental School in Milwaukee in the fall.

He to had someone to push him, this person for him was not a teacher, but more a babysitter. She kept an eye on him, and myself who was 3 at the time. She pretty much made him study all day, at the time he thought that she was a witch and all she was doing was making his life a living hell. When he came to high school he did not have a clue if he was going to go to college. By his sophomore year his GPA was approximately 2.7, once he found out that he wanted to be a doctor, he really needed to up his game. So he did he studied for everything, and he pulled off a 4.0 his junior and senior year of high school. He made large strides once in college, and this April he graduated Parkside, he did change his mind on being a Doctor to a dentist, more for the free time a dentist would have over a doctor. The fact that he was the first in our family to graduate college was big. Not only did hehe graduated, but with prestige of being chosen for the Chancellors award.
http://www.uwp.edu/news/newstemp.cfm?storyID=2928
The chancellors award is the highest achievement one can be awarded in college.

This I Believe

4 comments:

  1. I also believe in someone pushing you will bring success. I am proud that you did not react in a negative way and push that teacher away. By you striving for perfect, which is what the teacher wanted from all of you, your grades will become exceedingly high and you will become successful in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my strong beliefs... there is always some willing to help and push and at the time you don't notice they are helping you just think they are being a pest but later in life you look back and thank this person for helping you even if they pushed you to to limit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Mr.Bradly was pretty hard on my class, and i do agree with you. But to be honest...there is ALWAYS an easy way to everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank is really awesome, and I believe some ppl need to pushed and great things can follow from that.

    ReplyDelete